Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Bah Humbug and a Merry CHRISTmas!

I come in contact with so many people on my job being that I am a receptionist of a hospital...duh! I love the Holidays yet I hate the Holidays. Everyday and most of the day I get asked "Are you ready for Christmas?" <===== soooo tired of people asking me this UGH.

So the guy at work asked me "Are you ready for Christmas"
                                                                                     "What does that mean?", replied/asked
"Oh you Scrooge!", he said (jokingly)

The next day he came to the desk and told me when someone ask "Are you ready for Christmas" they are inquiring of if you have all your shopping done, if the tree is up, if the groceries are on deck. CHYLE to the BOO!!!! Thats dat ____ I don't like (I need the hook to this song outta my head). And THUS the reason I hate the Holidays. Christmas has become the season of debt, being dubbed a bad parent if you don't get ur lil bae-bae kids what they want, people being trampled in stores, chaos in the parking lots just MADNESS. I went to Toys R Us and yall should have seen the parents and other adults in there it was like the end of times scrambling to buy gifts...going broke for one day out the year and then December 26th hits and reality kicks the door right on in. 

I mean when did Christmas become all about gifts? What does Christmas really mean? Its sooooo much out there about what Christmas really is its ridiculous but what it is not or should not be is a battle of who can buy the most. 

True story yo, Christmas has been around since foreverary! The word Christmas comes from the Old English Cristes Maesse, which means "the Mass of Christ." To me and many Christians and some who "claim" to be, Christmas is celebrated to remember the birth of Christ. <=== And THUS the reason I love the Holidays! Yessss to SWEET BABY JESUS! * Luke 2:1-35 has the most detailed account about the birth of Christ in the bible and Matthew 2:1-12 details the wise men's encounter. Soooooo after having re-read these passages (12-17-12) I AM READY for CHRISTmas!

I am ready to thank the Lord!
I am ready to praise and rejoice!
I am ready to love!
I am ready to give (and not just gifts)
I am ready to fellowship!

Bah Humbug and a Merry CHRISTmas to ALL!





No comments:

Post a Comment