Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Sex, I mean...Saved In The City


Claiming salvation is one thing...being saved and trying to die daily to that willing flesh is a WHOLE-NOTHA monkey u here me!!!!! Y'all talk about struggles SHEESH the struggle is living holy, not falling to a tall 6'sumthin" healthy back wit dreds....OH <=== that's just me? *looks around* the struggle is holding this sharp tongue when somebody deserve to get THEE business! 

Mannnnn it's HARD out'chea being 'Saved in The City' let me be the first TA tell ya! I done been there cussed ya granny out and came back ( I kid,  I kid).

So when you tryna live for God, and I mean really it's just something's you have to let go, some places you need to speed past and some people [6'sumthin" healthy back wit dreds] you need to NOT make eye or any contact wit <==== point blank annnnnnd the period. [apparently this paragraph is directed towards me.....I gotta do betta] 

So yea the social scene for one trying to live holy....I'm still looking for it. I feel like in the "Christian" community it's not much to do and if it is the advertising and word of mouth SUX gum balls. I feel like people stay in the world or try straddling the fence because they feel living for God isn't fun. NOT TRUE! Who are you hanging around? In the times I get together with other believers we have a full out BLAST. I'm not sure if its not a lot going on for Christians because there are so many who claim God but don't live for Him or if people are just hermits or WHAT but I'm single and been ready to mingle...

Mingle...where at tho? The club is always jumping and there are people there....yea,true BUT does it hinder or help your Christian walk? Hmmm questions that [should] need answering. Well for me I know the answer...aint't got no business in it!!! I go out of boredom and because often times the "saints" don't go marching in to their own events. Am I going to do something about? Yes. I believe that if you know something hinders your walk or doesn't benefit it or goes against it completely then you need to make the necessary changes to do betta. [I'm getting ahead of myself....]

Lemme hit ya wit some Word #POW ===> All things are legitimate [permissible--and we are free to do anything we please], but not all things are helpful (expedient, profitable, and wholesome). All things are legitimate, but not all things are constructive [to character]  and  edifying [to spiritual life]. (1 Corinthians 10:23 AMP)

Its so easy to get pulled back into old shenanigans because it ain't nothing going on. So so easy to go back to the club 'just to dance". [here is where I catch up] I did that recently actually because none of my saved friends were ever available or no one wanted to go out because of this that and the third. So I been going out alot and having a great time and meeting new people! People who cant help me at all in my walk...its coming to the end of the road but yet I'm tired of reaching out to people who want to do nothing but stay at home and complain about there being nothing to do. I think I saw a few Christian friendly event but I thought about how I pay nothing to get in a club or lounge so I chose the free option being that I'm a college student on a supa tight budget. Even when I have went to Christian event they be real skip, you can see the walls. No participation. 

Sooo whats a girl TA do?! <=== find alternatives! Find some people who have your best interest at heart that will keep you accountable  hang with them, suggest outings. This New Year' Eve I worked the nursery at church and headed over to @DeterminedDeac crib and a few of us hung out and had an awesome time. I have been gong to a few poetry spots lately and found a great live band in Jacksonville [The Katz Downstairs] so there are things to do you just have to make up in your mind that one you want to live for God and not just get in with Fire Insurance and not focus on whether a person place or thing is bad but is it definitely good [does it help or hurt your walk]. 










No comments:

Post a Comment